Brighten your day with this refreshing, orange mango sunshine drink. The main ingredients are simple: oranges, frozen mango and chia seeds. Plus, no juicer required!
One highlight of wintertime is juicy, ripe oranges! This delicious twist on homemade orange juice is a personal favorite of mine.
With only 3 main ingredients, this Orange Mango Sunshine Drink is simple to prepare and ready to enjoy in under 5 minutes.
The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to meet your serving needs too.
Citrus season offers a variety of delicious oranges to choose from; navel oranges are our top pick, followed by those charming little clementines.
How to find the best ripe orange: Look for an orange that is both uniform and bright in color. Any green coloration or simply being too light in color indicates the orange isn’t ripe yet.
To ensure extra juiciness, the orange should feel heavier than it appears. If you grab an orange and are surprised by how light weight it feels, put it back! These tend to be drier on the inside.
Don’t forget to smell the orange! The button top and peel should smell sweet with a fresh fragrance.
Chia seeds provide a nutritional boost of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
To maximize freshness, store chia seeds in an airtight container and keep in the fridge up until the ‘best by’ date or 6 to 8 months after opening.
This vitamin C packed drink is rich in fiber as the orange’s membranes are blended into drink rather than discarded as they would be with a juicer.
Any type of blender will work great for this recipe. For a more pulpy texture, I use an inexpensive Ninja Master Prep Blender but for a smooth finish, I opt for a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix).
Orange Mango Sunshine Drink
Brighten your day with this refreshing, citrus-infused mango drink. The main ingredients for this vibrant drink are simple: oranges, frozen mango and chia seeds. No juicer required!
Produce | Orange(s)
Pantry | Chia seeds
Freezer | Frozen mango
Optional | Lemon juice, Pure maple syrup, Cold filtered water, Ice cubes, Cayenne pepper
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold filtered water
- 1 large ripe orange (Navel, Valencia or two small clementines)
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chia seeds (black or white)
- Cut orange in half, peel the skin off and remove any seeds.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients: 1/4 cup water, orange, frozen mango, chia seeds and any optional add-ins. Blend, scraping down the sides as needed. If too thick, add an additional 1/4 cup cold filtered water.
- Enjoy immediately or keep chilled until serving. I do not recommend making this too far in advance as the chia seeds will plump up.
- To add tartness, add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- To add sweetness, add 1 to 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- For an immunity boost, add a pinch (or a smidgen) of cayenne pepper or dried ginger